20121012

Past Love

As long as I have lived thus far, I have been in love with three different people. Some people believe they will find that soul mate whom they'll forever remain, or believe their love will never extinguish. I'm not saying it's impossible but sometimes things begin and end, there is nothing you can do about it. It doesn't mean those feelings were false to begin with. 

I met her through another friend. Slowly, but surely she was all that filled my mind. No matter what I did she occupied my every thought. I couldn't stand it, the aching of my heart knowing that my love for her would never be returned. After two years of torment, I was finally able to get her out of mind, and after two long years she asked me out. Even though deep down I knew I no longer held such deep emotions for her as I once did, I agreed to start a relationship with her. 

After spending time with her some emotions in me started stirring up. No matter, in the end our relationship never worked out. It was doom to fail from the very beginning. I started noticing her eyes were filled with love, but love that was not meant for me.  I confronted her about it, but she denied it time after time. She herself didn't understand her own feelings for him. When I would see her around him her every move and expression always spoke otherwise. You can't hide what your heart desires. 

We eventually walked our different paths. Never once did I even kiss her. Why? That is because I knew deep down those feeling I once held for her had gone. I knew that no matter what she said, she had grown feelings for another person. I was trying to force something that had no direction to begin with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment